Today is our first installment of exercises that you should include in your routine.
By now, I am sure that most of you have heard about Barbell Hip Thrusts. If you haven’t, then you are about to learn one of the best exercises known to man that assists with developing killer glutes.
Men, if you want to have a killer deadlift and some powerful hips , this is an exercise for you.
We can thank Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis for their book Strong Curves where the barbell hip thrusts and many other variations of hip thrusts have become a staple exercise.
Don’t think that barbell hip thrusts can help you? Just ask my Fiance Shawna, who only 10 weeks ago was thrusting 135 for 8, and is now thrusting 225×8.
Don’t believe me? Check her out here Crushing 225
Anyhow, the barbell hip thrusts is a killer exercise that targets the glutes! It is a step up from the regular bodyweight hip thrusts, so it would be wise to master that version first.
Check out this video : Barbell Hip Thrusts
Coaching Tips :
– Sit straight legged on a mat with the loaded barbell in front of you
– Roll the bar over your legs on to your hips (Pelvic bone)
– Lie Back, bring your feet to the floor, and bring your knees close to your but
– Grip the bar so that it rests comfortably on your hips
– Drive up on your heels, raise your hips off the floor so you have a straight line from your upper back through your knees
– Return to starting position
What to feel:
– Push the weight through your heels and squeeze your glutes (butt) , not your lower back or hamstrings
– Keep your core nice and stable and do not arch your back
– Pause at the top for a good contraction of the glutes.
Try 3 sets of 15-20 and let us know how it went.
Hi, I'm GEORGE
I'M WIKCED EXCITED YOU ARE HERE!
Join the MARINE STRONG community and receive your ultimate starter kit.