Now that summer weather is here, BBQ season has arrived. Each week we are going to provide you with a healthy, delicious, grill recipe. This one comes from laughingspatula.com. Just four simple ingredients! We suggest topping with tomatoes, pickles, swiss cheese, and maybe a slice or two of bacon and wrap with romaine lettuce instead of a bun! Enjoy!
Chicken Avocado Burgers
• 1 lb ground chicken
• 1 large ripe avocado, cut into chunks
• 1 chopped clove of garlic
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill on medium heat
- Toss everything together in a food processor and blend carefully, trying not to mush up the avocado too much. If you do not have a food processor a hand mixer will work.
- Shape into desired size patties
- Grill until cooked, at least to 165°F in the center of each patty
One way for you to quickly tell if your burgers are seasoned appropriately is to take a very small portion of the raw mixture and fry it on the stove. When it is done, you can taste the saltiness and adjust accordingly.
We suggest serving with a side salad and corn on the cob!
Let us know what you think!